Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Week of Coverings: In Which I Like Layers

Friday- The day after Thanksgiving.  Off to Goodwill, and a small variation in style: I've pulled the ends of my scarf through my bun, instead of tucking them in, to show off the fringes at the ends.  (This scarf was a gift from a former classmate and roommate, and I'm thinking gratefully about her, this morning.)

I rather missed taking photos on Sunday.  But, here on Monday is a scarf we bought at Goodwill on Friday (same style as Friday):
Tuesday:
 Wednesday: (It went with a red and white blazer that I'd already shed by the time I got to the computer)
Thursday: Here's the full view:
 And here's a close-up, since the colors are pretty similar, and blend into each other at a distance.
And now a bonus: Shabbos (Saturday day)-
 And from the side:  Definitely a more dramatic look...  And a hat for once.
From the front:

2 comments:

  1. Your Thursday picture looks like it's all your hair! I had to enlarge the picture to see the mitpachat.

    You are so much more creative than me - I either wear it tucked in a the neck (with or without putting the ends up over my head), or I wear a pashmina that I wrap around my head (know what I mean?), or I wear a sheitel (ich).

    I can never seem to keep anything from slipping, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about Thursday- I guess I need to be a little more careful adjusting the contrast/brightness on these photos... It's funny what you never notice, on your own.

    I enjoy playing with my scarves- and maybe this will give you a couple of ideas to play with yourself. I have a harder time with pashminas- do you have any tips for making them look good, and/or stay in place?

    I've never tried wearing a sheitel. Someday, perhaps, just to see what it's like, but I don't think I could deal with it as a real-life thing.

    I clip everything on, either with kippah clips or a series of bobby pins. I've heard good things about a variety of other methods though. It's something to investigate, I guess.

    ReplyDelete