Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Turban-Style Wraps

As I return to a realistic schedule, I'm working my way back to blogging.  Here are some of the wraps I've been playing with lately.  I'm experimenting with some scarves in more turban-like styles.  (If there's a technical definition of a turban, I haven't found it yet.)  Here's what I've been coming up with.  Please tell me what looks worth repeating, or if better instructions might make it worth trying yourself.  Pictures are always welcome too.

1. This one looked a little wimpy without the pin, but I quite like it with.  It's done with a scarf folded into a triangle, with the point facing the face, and the wide part at the back.  The ends wrap around, and the twist at the front is the wide/third point of hte triangle, twisted back and tucked.  I set it a little to the side, for better effect.
 I also played with some variations with the front corner folded under instead, but I'm not finding a good picture right now.

 2. Here's another start-from-the-back turban, done with a large rectangular scarf, twisted, with the twist brought around the back.
 I really like the back.  I'm less sure about the front.  It may take more experimentation.
 Here's the other side, where the twist doesn't show so much.

One of the interesting things about these wraps is how much less tying and knotting there is.  They felt pretty secure while I was playing with them.  I haven't done a full day wear yet.






3. This last one, I have worn all day a few times.  It's a bit closer to my usual- I found a how-to video somewhere, I'll have to dig it up again.  It starts in front, criss-crosses the ends in back, and brings them forward and ties a knot at the top of the head (usually to one side a bit), then tucks the ends back in, in back or wherever.  It's very fast and easy, and looks pretty good, I think.  It is a bit tricky to get tefillin on over this one, though, like with most styles that put bulk over the head rather than around the bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment