Thursday, October 17, 2013

Variations in Red: What I Wore

 I took a couple of notes from The Daily Tichel.  I used her base method (which I wrote about a while ago), pushing one end of the orange tichel underneath, which left me with a more manageable set of tails to wrap- especially since the dark red scarf is a triangle that I sewed, and the lighter red is fairly short.  It was just right to try adding a ribbon to this sort of multi-scarf wrap.

I've found that this sort of base wrap creates a very nice, balanced base, but it tends to slip just a little more than my usual, which involves a square knot, rather than just an over-under.  I had to pull this forward once or twice over the course of the day, and re-clip, in order to keep it quite where I wanted it.  Still, the method has its advantages, and practice may help me keep it more stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment