Monday, July 2, 2012

Another Shabbos: Layering and A Bangle

I don't know what else to call what I used: it's really some sort of cheap glass pendant that I got at a street fair.  But it's pretty big, and it looked like I could put a thin scarf through it- so I gave it a shot, and it worked.
I wanted to pick up the colors from my outfit- often my main factor in scarf-selection.





I put together a green top with a multicolored skirt, with green and two different reds as its main (non-black) colors.

So I took a little risk and took out three scarves in just those colors, and ended up putting the two reds right next to each other.

(Pardon the non-ideal picture: it was fairly close to candle-lighting, and I didn't want to keep fussing.)



I really like the way it turned out from most angles:




Please pardon my shirt tag in the next couple of photos...  


I do like the mix of colors from the back, though. It feels dramatic and exciting, to me.  







 However, straight on sideways (is that a possible direction?  What I mean is- how it looks from the side, as in the picture below), I'm not entirely sure.  I think it might be improved by folding the second/dark red scarf one more time, so it doesn't project as far back.  




No comments:

Post a Comment